REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemicals), is the European Union programme for the regulation of both new and existing chemical substances on the European market.
Coming into force in 2007, with staggered deadlines through to 2018, depending on tonnage and hazard class, the REACH regulation covers all substances manufactured in or imported into the EU in tonnages of 1 tonne per year or more.
With the passing of the final registration deadline for phase-in substances of 31 May 2018, it is vital to keep registrations up to date and respond to any requests from ECHA during the evaluation phase, in addition to registering any new substances that become relevant to your business. If you have a previous NONS registration you may also need to upgrade this to a full REACH dossier if you intend to increase your tonnage, for example.
wca provide the following REACH services for our clients:
- Support with all aspects of dossier preparation for new registrations and updates to existing registrations.
- Response to Compliance Check and Substance Evaluation requests from ECHA and Member States, and technical advocacy.
- Development and refinement of exposure assessments, including site-specific assessments.
- Assessment of read across approaches and preparation of read across justification reports following ECHA’s Read Across Assessment Framework.
- Preparation of inquiry dossiers for new substances without a pre-registration.
- Cost calculations for Letters of Access, following the Data Sharing Regulation.
Our personal and tailored approach means that we are able to provide support for all aspects of REACH, on behalf of companies both large and small. Please contact us for further details.