The ubiquity of human exposure to chemicals, via food, water, consumer products and household agents, has led to growing concern regarding the potential health threats. wca combine expertise in human health risk assessment, toxicology, adverse outcome pathways (AOP), exposure and chemistry to solve novel problems. The team comprises a broad spectrum of toxicological, testing and regulation expertise, in addition to expertise in alternative methods (in vitro, in silico, QSAR and read-across) and information gathering, data collection and management.
wca offers objective advice on the hazard and risk of chemicals and our staff of chemists, biologists, environmental scientists and toxicologists are experts in regulatory compliance. wca have been involved in over 400 successful registrations for the first two major REACH registration deadlines in 2010 and 2013 as part of technical consortia for clients across a range of industries. Following the 2013 REACH registration deadline we have continued to work towards a number of 2018 substance registrations. We have expertise in all stages of REACH registration including literature reviews, data gap assessment including assessing the potential for read across and test derogations, test programme design, IUCLID entry, CSA/R production, PBT assessment, classification and labelling, PNEC and DNEL derivation and exposure assessment.
Example of project areas;
- Hazard characterisation and risk assessment of active ingredients
- Human Health risk assessment of biocidal products and ballast water management systems
- Toxicological Risk Assessment (TRA) for leachables and extractables in medical devices
- Toxicity profile of polychlorinated dibenzodioxins (PCDD), polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs) and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls (DL-PCBs)
- Extensive and systematic literature review
For enquiries or for further information on how we can help you, please contact us.