wca has been lead consultant on REACH for Johnson Matthey’s catalyst division and the European Catalyst Manufacturers Association (ECMA). We have worked to demonstrate absence of risk for the manufacture and use of catalysts containing many different metals and metal compounds. Primary tasks for these projects were:
- Compilation of emissions data and information on risk management measures from European catalyst sector.
- Development of manufacturing and downstream user exposure scenarios.
- Analysis of datasets to quantify catalyst sector-specific exposure scenarios for inclusion in the Chemical Safety Reports (CSRs) prepared by the major metals consortia such as nickel, copper and zinc.
- Risk assessment to calculation RCRs.
- Critical review and amendment of CSRs.
- Development of SpERCs (industry specific environmental release categories) for the catalyst sector.
- Registration dossier compilation.