January 7, 2015 by wca Staff
Job title: Senior Consultant (Toxicology)
Salary: An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
Benefits: Professional development and training in hazard and risk assessment; 25 days holiday per annum rising to 30 days after 5 years; contributory pension (matched company contributions up to 6% of salary). wca is an employee owned company, with the opportunity for profit sharing.
wca wishes to recruit an exceptional individual with extensive experience in industrial toxicology. The person appointed will be expected to play a key role in developing programmes for the registration of substances under EU legislation, as well as interpretation of hazard data for risk assessment and risk management. Some specific Regulatory guideline knowledge would be advantageous (e.g. European Chemical legislation, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Cosmetics, CLP). Significant elements of the role include evaluation of existing data, preparation of appropriate test strategies, and the oversight of experimental studies in external facilities, therefore, some knowledge of mechanistic toxicology would be essential.
wca is a multidisciplinary consultancy company and the individual appointed will be expected to work as part of a strong team, while playing a leading role in representing the toxicology expertise of the company. Peer recognition both within and outside the organisation is very important, and an adaptive and flexible personality is necessary. Extensive client contact will be required. The key criteria for this post will include:
- experienced industrial toxicologist: 5 – 10 years
- appropriate post-graduate qualification, e.g. MSc in toxicology, DABT, PhD, and/or UKRT would be advantageous
- broad-based knowledge of Regulatory Toxicology (some Guideline knowledge would be advantageous)
- practical experience in the conduct of mammalian toxicology studies
- good understanding of a variety of regulatory scientific disciplines (including genetox, reprotox and toxicokinetics)
- experienced in interpreting hazard studies and using the data for risk assessment capable of defining test programmes for registration of different classes of chemicals
- good customer focused skills
- team player adaptive and responsive to new challenges
- peer group acceptance
- able to meet deadlines and within budgets
- self-motivated and leadership skills
We offer the chance to work on stimulating projects in a high-quality, multidisciplinary team in our Faringdon, Oxfordshire, office. We also offer professional development through training and conference attendance and believe strongly in identifying and building on each individual’s strengths.
wca is an equal opportunities employer.
Are you interested? In the first instance please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Graham Merrington at email@example.com
Deadline 6th of February.
From our blog
October 25, 2017 by Dean Leverett
October 20, 2017 by Olivia Tran