October 11, 2012 by Dean Leverett
wca are active supporters of the Society for Environmental Toxicology And Chemistry (SETAC) in Europe and the UK. We believe that SETAC, through its events and publications, provides an ideal platform for highlighting our work within a global network of scientists that effectively links environmental science research with regulatory and industrial science needs.
How do we support SETAC?
- We are sustaining members of SETAC-Europe, supporting the society through an annual financial contribution and by a regular presence at the annual SETAC-Europe conference. See my blog on this year’s SETAC-Europe event in Berlin.
- We are represented on the SETAC-UK council and support SETAC-UK activities, including the SETAC-UK Annual Meeting. Click here to find out more about SETAC-UK.
- Through our involvement with SETAC-UK we are represented on the Local Organising Committee for the 2013 SETAC-Europe conference in Glasgow
- We are Steering Group members of the SETAC Global Advisory Group on Endocrine Disruptor Testing and Risk Assessment. My colleague, Melanie Gross, has written a separate blog on EDTRA and its aims.
- We actively support the SETAC-Europe annual conference with a wide-ranging presence which includes proposing and chairing our own scientific sessions, highlighting our work and expertise through both platform and poster presentations, and providing opportunities for our clients, new and old, to discuss their current issues with members of wca staff at our exhibition stand
If you are interested in joining SETAC or attending the 2013 SETAC-Europe conference, then click on the following links to learn more….
We will have the usual strong presence at SETAC-Glasgow 2013, so please do drop in to our stand in May. In the meantime, we would welcome initial discussions on how we can assist in your work, with a view to meeting up in Glasgow to discuss in person and develop further.
From our blog
September 11, 2018 by Graham Merrington
August 8, 2018 by Rhiannon Smith