November 4, 2016 by Iain Wilson
The 27th SETAC Europe Annual Meeting will be held in Brussels from the 7th to the 11th May 2017.
Dean Leverett will be chairing a session (with Mirco Bundschuh of Landau University) on Wastewater effluents: How research can improve risk assessment and regulation under the Ecological risk assessment and human health risk assessment of chemicals and other stressors and mixtures track.
We would very much welcome the submission of your abstracts for platform or poster presentations covering the following:
- Reviews of the effectiveness of regulations and procedures used to assess risk and control wastewater effluents, or substances entering wastewater systems.
- Chemical monitoring of wastewater effluents and the receiving environments.
- Sources of substances in wastewater effluent, and potential source controls.
- The efficiency of new or existing wastewater treatment technologies and/or factors that may affect the viability of such treatments.
- The behaviour of substances discharged in effluents and their fate after discharge.
- Population-relevant ecotoxicological effects inferred by substances present within wastewater effluents (alone or in combination).
- Studies, which help to improve the resolution with which we can measure environmental change (e.g. following the introduction of new controls).
Abstracts can be submitted here. Abstract submission for the scientific programme is open now and closes on Wednesday 23 November 2016 at 23:59 CET.
From our blog
January 25, 2018 by Melanie Gross